Trains, Trails & Towns
This suggested itinerary is all about discovering the story of Blaenavon.
- Call into Blaenavon World Heritage Centre, pick up some walking trail leaflets and enjoy a cup of tea and cake in the Heritage Café whilst deciding which walk to take.
- Follow a walking trail in the Blaenavon Industrial Landscape – maybe a short stroll around the Coity Tip or a more energetic hike along the Iron Mountain Trail.
- If walking isn’t for you, then take a trip through the Blaenavon Industrial Landscape on a steam train and enjoy the spectacular scenery. Check the Blaenavon Heritage Railway website for train times.
- From the Blaenavon High Level train station, take a short walk into Blaenavon Heritage Town where traditional and specialist independent shops and cafes sit between historic chapels and churches. Follow the Town Trail or download it from the Blaenavon Digital Passport App.
- Call into The Workman’s Hall, which will shortly be home to Blaenavon Community Museum with its vast collection of local artefacts and Alexander Cordell's office and other items linked to Rape of the Fair Country, the book that he wrote in the 1950's and which captured the spirit of Blaenavon during the industrial revolution.