Heritage Building Workshops
The Blaenavon Townscape Heritage Programme is working in partnership with Blaenavon Civic Society and the Tywi Centre to deliver a series of FREE online workshops focusing on building conservation and maintenance within the Blaenavon Conservation Area.
Workshop 1 - Monday 12th July 2021, 6pm - 8pm
Understanding your old building- what makes an old building different from a new one?
- Local distinctiveness - importance to our communities
- Local materials and methods
- Significance - links to the past and preserving for future generations to enjoy
- Listings and other legal protections
Workshop 2 - Monday 19th July 2021, 6pm - 8pm
Why old buildings need to breathe: historic construction, materials and methods
- Lime - properties and uses
- Consequences of using inappropriate materials
- Buildings and health
Workshop 3 - Monday 9th August 2021, 6pm - 8pm
Repair and maintenance
- Common causes of decay in old building
- Benefits of good maintenance- retaining value, sense of pride, plan and budget for more expensive works
- Benefits of good repair- saving money, prevent more serious problems
- Maintenance check lists
The workshops will be facilitated by Blaenavon Civic Society and delivered via Zoom. Pre-booking your place is essential to ensure that you receive the link to the Zoom meeting prior to the start of the workshop.
To book your place on these workshops please complete the booking form