New electric vehicle charge points installed across Gwent.
Sixty-two new dual electric vehicle 22kw fast charging units have been installed at thirty-four sites across Gwent. Charge points have been installed in the following car parks in Torfaen:
• Trosnant Street Lower Car Park, Pontypool, NP4 8AT
• Clarence Place Car Park, Pontypool, NP4 8AU
• Station Road, Griffithstown, NP4 5JL
• Llanyrafon Car Park, Cwmbran, NP44 8HR
• Fairwater Square Neighbourhood Centre, Cwmbran NP44 4TA
• Abersychan Neighbourhood Centre, NP4 7AG
• James Street, Blaenavon, NP4 9EJ
(To search for charge points use Zap Map https://www.zap-map.com/live/ and zoom in to the relevant local authority area.)
A grant of £465,000 was provided for the project from the UK Government’s Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV), with match funding provided by each local authority. The installation was undertaken by Welsh company Silverstone Green Energy, who will also manage and maintain the charge points until 2025. Welsh Government and Natural Resources Wales both contributed funding towards a feasibility study to support development of the project.
Posted on: Tuesday 9th March 2021